"He has made everything beautiful in its time..."
Ecclesiastes 3:11

Monday, January 23, 2012

something beautiful

"Hey now, this is my desire. Consume me like a fire. Cause I just want something beautiful to touch me. I know that I'm in reach cause I am down on my knees waiting for something beautiful."

I don't know about you, but I'm a huge fan of the songs by the band NeedtoBreathe...especially this song. Despite how often it's played over and over again one of the radio stations I listen to, it still speaks to my heart about the craving and desire we have to see that "something beautiful" in our lives. Sometimes, I have certain days when everything...I mean EVERYTHING goes wrong: Set the alarm clock to "PM" instead of "AM", late waking up, rushing to get ready (stubbed toe, spilled coffee, and forgot my lunch due to rushing), late to work and feeling horrible about it, my husband forgot to get _____ at the store, instead of working out once home I ate half a bag of cheddar popcorn (hello guilty conscious=mad at myself), etc. etc. 
Then there are times when we have seasons when we desperately want to see God shed something beautiful in our path. We've lost someone dear to us whether from a broken relationship or their passing away. We can't  seem to make ends meet financially. Or even, we can't seem to hear God's voice or even His presence when we so desperately want it. We hit rock bottom, and cry out to Him "Where ARE you??" "Why can't you show me something....SOMETHING beautiful?"
I've gone through this so many times, I can't even keep track. When I was thinking about the beginning of this year, 2012, I felt God tugging at my heart to blog. I thought, "Well  that's great, God. What on earth do you want me to blog about?". That's when God placed this song stuck...no...cemented into my brain. The lyrics repeated over and over again. I then heard several songs on the radio that involved the theme of the word beautiful.

That's when it clicked. That's when I realized that I want to see that "something beautiful" in my life despite the seasons of trials or the day to day mishaps. God has made and given to us so many beautiful things in our lives (loved ones, creation, music, GRACE!) to name a few.
Ecclesiastes 3:11a says, "He has made everything beautiful in its time..."
Last time I checked everything doesn't leave anything out. God has made and will make EVERYTHING beautiful in its time. How amazing is that?!?
So as I wrap up this little intro, I hope to simply be an encouragement to you to hold on to the truth that God is purposefully molding and shaping the storms, trials, highs, and lows into something wonderfully and truly beautiful


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! Love you girl! Can't wait to keep in touch via your blog! So thankful to have you as my sister!

    ReplyDelete